Subject: Re: [lojban] A set of questions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 16:31:36 EDT

In a message dated 4/11/2001 1:59:09 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> More interesting (no idea whether it has been discussed) would be the 
> corresponding front end "natural starting point", in which case we could 
> talk about that period in which the bridi holds "too soon" with a mirror 
> tense of za'o. But we have neither of these because pc did not tell be 
> that such tenses were found in some natural language, whereas the 
> 

There has been a discussion of the mirror image of {za'o} and related 
concepts (mirror of {mo'u}, I suppose), but I don't remember the outcome 
offhand. It probably got a RECORD if anything was decided, but we probably 
just tossed it around a lot.
{za'o} may occur as a regular tense form in some language, though I can't 
name one offhand, but it certainly occurs as a living idiom in most 
languages, "keep on" in English and I think the discussion of {za'o} and it 
mirror contained quite a number from other languages on which the group has 
pros. (one {za'o) ran in mid June last year, and the one on the mirror image 
toward the end of June and into July. The irst ended in a RECORD, the second 
did not, but does seem ot have touched on something like the period between 
{co'u) and {mo'u} in that order.)