Subject: Re: [lojban] Group Document Editing?

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 20:07:20 -0700

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 02:38:25PM +1200, Chris Double wrote:
> What sort of things have you been looking at? What OS are you using?

CVSWebEdit. More groupware projects than I care to remember.

> Are you thinking of version control programs like CVS and hosted
> projects like sourceforge[1], 

Maybe, but locally hosted.

> or some collaboration tool like Groove[2] ?

I don't think so, but I'll look.

> [1] http://www.sourceforge.net
> [2] http://www.groove.net
> 
> Or are you looking more for a tool that plugs into a web server and
> allows people to browse, add and edit lujvo entries for a web browser?

Not really. I'd like people to be able to make change to (a segment of)
the full lujvo document, probably in TeXInfo format.

But what you're talking about, with the back-end making edits to the
TeXInfo doc.... That might actually work pretty well.

Hmmmm...

That wouldn't do all of it, though, as I'd also like people to
collaborate on lessons and brochures and large translations and such.

Does that give a better idea??

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/