Subject: Lojban brochure TeX

From: Nick NICHOLAS <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 00:36:25 -0700 (PDT)

Lojbanists,

I have spent the past too many hours wrestling with TeX; and if you can
call producing a dvi file which displays no Lojban text, no exercises, and
all "fi" ligatures as thetas, success, then yes, I've succeeded. :-( :-(

Frankly, me learning TeX from scratch right now is not the most efficient
use of my time --- which is far better spent actually worrying about the
content, and about the shortcomings of the DSSSL stylesheets. I would
therefore strongly urge someone who
already has DocBook and TeX functioning on their machines to help out. We
could do something like I periodically update the docbook, and someone
else periodically sends me the TeX version thereof to post, or whatever.
(Oh, and the font definitions in the print stylesheet driver have to be
modified to something TeX understands, like, oh I dunno, Computer Modern
:-1/2 .)

At any rate, the output of jadetex is accessible as
http://www.opoudjis.net/lojbanbrochure/lojbanLevel0.doc.{dvi|aux|tex}.
Maybe someone here can salvage it yet...

-- 
Momenton senpretende paseman mi retenis kaj # NICK NICHOLAS.
kultis kvazaux # TLG, UCI, USA.
senhorlogxan elizeon # www.opoudjis.net
(Dume: # [email-masked]
[Victor Sadler, _Memkritiko_ 90] #