Subject: Re: [lojban] Group Document Editing?

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 10:04:34 -0700

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 02:00:17PM +1200, Chris Double wrote:
> It certainly sounds very useful. It's similar to the type of thing I
> was thinking of. I like the idea of enabling anyone to enter lujvo and
> such that they coin into a web interface and that automatically
> updating a dictionary that can be downloaded, printed, etc. 

<nod>

> Perhaps when new entries are added some sort of notification can be
> sent to a 'dictionary-changes' mailing list so those interested in
> reviewing entries can be notified of when entries are added/changed.
> This would prevent clutter of the normal mailing list when many
> entries are being added.

Probably a good idea.

> Also useful would be some sort of programmatic inferface to it, like
> XML-RPC [1], so other programmers could interface to the dictionary
> from their programs (for word lookup, etc).
> 
> [1] http://www.xmlrpc.com

I will _not_ run RPC in my machine. I get enough hack attempts as it
is.

My prefered format for the source is TexInfo, which will be converted
into whatever formats people want and stuck on my web site on a daily
basis.

> >>> Jay Kominek <[email-masked]> 04/12 4:09 >>>
> 
> Does this sound useful and appropriate? Would people make use of both
> sides of it, in multiple languages? It seems like implementation would be
> a Simple Matter Of Programming.

You offering to write it? 8)

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/