Subject: SURVEY, please respond: digitalkingdom.org

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 17:04:26 -0700

So, as I may have mentioned, I now have my own server. Domain is
digitalkingdom.org. Note that while it's not terribly fast, it's got a
DSL connection (not great, but not horrible), and _LOTS_ of disk space.

I'm interested in hosting lojbanic stuff. Note that _all_ of these
projects will be available, in one form or another, to people on unix,
windows, and macs, at the _very_ least.

Which of the following actually interests you (please select all that
apply):

1. Some easy, probably web-based, means of contributing to the
dictionary and lujvo work. The idea here is that many people doing
little bits of work would add up to lots of work being done (so you
could just take a minute here and there to edit an entry and know that
this little bit of effort _counted_).

2. A lojbanic MUD (i.e. a MUD where all the commands and room
descriptions and such are all in lojban). MUD being a multi-user
text-based virtual environment, the acronym stands for "Multi-User
Dungeon/Dimension".

3. Some means, probably a CVS server, of giving anyone who wants to
help the ability to participate in developing large translations (i.e.
Hamlet or the Bible or whatever).

4. Our own private IRC server.

Is there anything else you'd like to see this machine do? 

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/