Subject: Re: [lojban] SURVEY, please respond: digitalkingdom.org

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 19:57:55 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> 1. Some easy, probably web-based, means of contributing to the
> dictionary and lujvo work. The idea here is that many people doing
> little bits of work would add up to lots of work being done (so you
> could just take a minute here and there to edit an entry and know that
> this little bit of effort _counted_).

As one can see from my participation in the dictionary thread, I'm
interested in this.

(Maybe the LLG could let us know if this would help in their dictionary
preparation efforts, or would it be a worthless duplication of effort?)

> 2. A lojbanic MUD (i.e. a MUD where all the commands and room
> descriptions and such are all in lojban). MUD being a multi-user
> text-based virtual environment, the acronym stands for "Multi-User
> Dungeon/Dimension".

I'd been thinking about this awhile back. In particular a MOO with a
complete Lojban parser for handling input. Just seems like doing anything
less than a full parser would be a waste of time.

> 3. Some means, probably a CVS server, of giving anyone who wants to
> help the ability to participate in developing large translations (i.e.
> Hamlet or the Bible or whatever).

This'd be nice. I know that some people think we should try to stick to
baby talk, but I'm of the opinion that working on translating complex
texts would raise some interesting questions.

(Much Ado About Nothing, anyone?)

> 4. Our own private IRC server.

OpenProjects seems to be working well enough. Or are others get

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
And this too, shall pass.