Subject: Re: [lojban] Group Document Editing?

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 21:44:53 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> > What I meant was that I wouldn't want to have to parse TeXinfo everytime I
> > wanted to load the database.
>
> You wouldn't have to. I'd be parsing it into other thing (including
> HTML) on a regular basis (daily, maybe even hourly).

Well, I was thinking that you meant that the database backend should be a
TeXinfo file. (Like, the little CGI which looked up a word would have to
open up this TeXinfo file and search for the word to display it.)

> I like that last option. SQL's cool.

Dunno about cool, but its functional, thats for sure.

> I really thing lojban needs to tranlate something big to prove our
> viability.

I think that would be one of the ways, yes. Probably one that a lot more
people could help on.

> Heh heh. Conversion _good_. Although I'm happy to do that aspect of it
> if you give me a good output format.

I'll probably write a few, and if people want to help they can just abuse
one of the other ones into producing the output they want.

> > X is the second worst windowing system in the
> > world, but all the others are tied for first.
> Dude, I so disagree. X is a total piece of bloatware crap.

Well, its totally beyond the scope of the list, so if you care to discuss
it further, I suppose we've got to switch to Lojban or take it private.
(I am, for whatever its worth, referring to the protocol and design, not
particular implementations.)

Okay, guess I'll start working on an implementation of this soon.

- Jay Kominek <jay.kominek2colorado.edu>
The NSA is now hiring. Send your resume to
Fort Meade, or speak into the thermostat.