Subject: Re: [lojban] Q

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 07:45:47 -0500 (CDT)

> On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, [email-masked] wrote:
> >How would I say, "I don't know if that is true", as opposed to "I 
don't 
> >know that it is true", which would be <mi na djuno lenu ti drani>? 
I 
> >guess this has been asked several times, but, well, one again? 
Please?
> 
> Actually {mi na djuno lenu ti drani} is "I don't know the event of 
this thing
> being correct", which doesn't make much sense. I use {mi na djuno 
ledu'u ti
> drani} for "I don't know that this is correct" and {mi na djuno lejei 
ti drani}
> for "I don't know whether this is correct".

a) You're right. I meant to use <du'u>.
b) That's nice. Thanks.
c) For all of you wanting to find a situation where two different 
abstractions can be used with a difference in meaning, here it is.

Bye,
Avital.