Subject: Re: [lojban] Group Document Editing?

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 10:41:05 -0700

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 04:01:10PM +1200, Chris Double wrote:
> Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > > Also useful would be some sort of programmatic inferface to it, like
> > > XML-RPC [1], so other programmers could interface to the dictionary
> > > from their programs (for word lookup, etc).
> > > 
> > > [1] http://www.xmlrpc.com
> > 
> > I will _not_ run RPC in my machine. I get enough hack attempts as it
> > is.
> 
> XML-RPC is no more dangerous than a web server managing POST requests
> or CGI programs. In fact, that's pretty much exactly what XML-RPC is -
> a web server that serves information based upon the XML request inside
> the HTTP request.

Ah. So it's not actually RPC then. My bad. 8)

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/