Subject: RE: [lojban] Q

From: Value Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:14:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, And Rosta wrote:

> Pierre:
> > On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, [email-masked] wrote:
> > >How would I say, "I don't know if that is true", as opposed to "I don't
> > >know that it is true", which would be <mi na djuno lenu ti drani>? I
> > >guess this has been asked several times, but, well, one again? Please?
> >
> > Actually {mi na djuno lenu ti drani} is "I don't know the event of this thing
> > being correct", which doesn't make much sense. I use {mi na djuno ledu'u ti
> > drani} for "I don't know that this is correct" and {mi na djuno lejei
> > ti drani} for "I don't know whether this is correct".
>
> This question should be recorded somewhere as a FAQ and Pierre's answer as
> a common error.
>
> Although historically {jei} may have been intended for such a purpose (i.e.
> expressing "whether"), {mi na djuno lejei ti drani} means either "I don't
> know TRUE" or "I don't know FALSE", depending on whether {ti drani} is
> TRUE or FALSE.

You're saying jei refers to a value itself, and is not a variable for the
truth value. So then,

How about mi na djuno la'e le jei ti drani

------
1.Why are you measuring the measure? The measure is the same. Even after
Great One, the bones will be broken. I am telling you. Relic should believe me.
2.Where after religion you believe in religion and wish that to Ora.
Emptiness is that what Baby God's Eye is fighting for.