Subject: Message #1 (aka then what ARE tanru?!)

From: Avital Oliver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 17:19:43 -0500 (CDT)

I suggest for anyone interested to real the entire message, even though 
it's build as a lame RPG book.

Let me start by asking, how one would
translate "blue house" into
english. Would it be "blanu zdani"? But that could mean a house for blue
inhabitants. Tehn I assume "blanu je zdani" would be the correct way.

Which brings me to Question A:
Would "blue house" be equivelant in meaning to "blanu je zdani"?

If your answer is Yes, continue to Question E.
If not, continue to Question B.

Question B:
How would you translate "blue house" into Lojban, pertainig the gfact that
it is the house that is blue?

Continue to Question E.

Question E:
Is "blanu je zdani" the same as "zdani je blanu"?
Yes -> F
No -> J

Question F:
But wouldn't "blanu je zdani" mean that the blueness and the house-ness of
thesumti are independant, whereas "blue house" says that the house is blue
relative to other houses?

Yes -> G
No -> H

Question G:
How would I say \, something that is a house, and is blue relative to
other houses, without using a plain tanru like "blanu zdani"?

End.

Question H:

CORRECT. zo'o
This is how I see it, after Adam gave me the insight that actually any
word in context with the tanru helps you to understand its
meaning/connection/context. So why not have blanu je zdani have the
context of blanu derived from zdani?

End.

Question J:
Then what is the difference, and then what would <blanu je barda>
mean? It's blue in a big way?

End.