Subject: Re: [lojban] Dictionary format

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:22:45 -0400

At 07:08 PM 04/17/2001 -0400, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> >It's a little compact for my taste, but it'd certainly work. Where do
> >the definitions themselves go, though?
>
>The definition is just "animal".

But that isn't a definition! That is just a keyword for the x1 of 
danlu. Limiting "definitions" to keywords of x1 will encourage malrarna 
usages that do not reflect the predicate grammar.

Any proper definition of a Lojban word MUST include all the places, and 
pretty much treat those places as equals. A keyword is useful as a 
mnemonic, or as an aid to writing an automated glosser but is not a definition.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org