Subject: Re: [lojban] german translation

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:59:02 -0700

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 09:52:59PM +0200, Bj??rn Gohla wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 April 2001 19:14, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 12:07:04PM +0200, Bj??rn Gohla wrote:
> > > i am writing to announce that the german translation of lesson1 of the
> > > level0 package is done. if anyone is interested in reviewing it please
> > > e-mail me, i do unfortunately have currently no webserver available to
> > > publish it on.
> > >
> > > btw along the way i gave up trying openjade/dsssl, saxon/xsl worked
> > > almost the first time i tried.
> >
> > BTW, speaking of German, a friend of mine was interested in the idea of
> > a native German speaker translating some of Nietzche's works into
> > lojban. 8)

I'm having trouble with your lojban, and I don't know whether it's you
or me, so I'm posting my translation attempt here.

> le ci pu'u binxo pe le menli ba tertavla do mi 

The 3 processes of becoming, the ones associated with the mind, are
going to be the subject of you talking to me.

> .i te go'i fi le nu le menli cu binxo le kumte 

"te go'i" is, I think,

do mi tavla le ci pu'u binxo

so we have:

mi do tavla le nu le menli cu binxo le kumte

I talk to you about the event of the mind becoming the camel.

Umm, _what_?

> .i go'i fi le nu le cinfo cu selbinxo le kumte

I talk to you about the event of the camel becoming the lion.

> .i go'i fi le nu le verba cu binxo le cinfo

I talk to you about the event of child becoming the lion.

Ummm, I should probably mention that I've never read nietzche. I have
_no_ idea what you're talking about. 

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/