Subject: RE: [lojban] Three more issues

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:00:52 +0100

Michael:
> >From: [email-masked]
> li'o
> >Without using sets, how can "There are many rats" be said? (The book
> >says it as <le'i ratcu cu barda>
> 
> ratcu so'imei

"You-know-what is a rat multitude".

I must say I find your Lojban style an abomination! Nothing but tanru
with no overt sumti or logical apparatus. I think of Lojban as the
linguistic equivalent of a technical diagram, while you turn it
into the linguistic equivalent of a Turner painting of crepuscular
mists.

> >Issue C:
> >Since tanru are (very) semantically ambiguous, how can we allow
> >ourselves to define language concepts using tanru (e.g. <sumti tcita>,
> ><se steci srana>, etc? Those would mean extremely 'wide' concepts!
> >
> 
> using the lujvo from the start would have been a better idea, as
> in BRIVLA & FU'IVLA, but it's easier for a neophyte to figure out a tanru.

Only because they don't know the rafsi. The solution to that would be
to use zei.

--And.