Subject: Re: A set of questions

From: "Adam Raizen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:23:44 -0000

la xorxes cusku di'e

> la Avital cusku di'e
...
> >next week+3 days, in 2 days, 4
> >days ago, ...?
> 
> I think that hence/ago is a different issue. I simply say
> {za lo djedi be li re} {za lo djedi be li vo}, which works
> for distance from the reference point in either direction,
> {pu} or {ba} indicate which one.

I think that ZI is supposed to be parallel to VA, so "co'e za ko'a",
would happen at a medium time from "ko'a", just as something like
"citka va le panka" happens a medium distance from the park. OTOH, "za
lo djedi be li re" has a time interval and not an event tagged, so
maybe it could mean "2 days ago/hence", but I think that that would
mean that "cadzu va lo mitre be li mu" would mean "walk(s) (at a
place) 5 meters away." I suppose it would work, but having 2 meanings
for VA/ZI seems like it might be slightly un-lojbanic.

mu'o mi'e adam