Subject: CVS Repository for Translations: READY

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:27:17 -0700

My lojban translation CVS server is ready.

For those of you who've never used CVS, go to http://www.cvshome.org/.
They have clients there for both Windows and Unix and probably Mac as
well (although I didn't check), so no complaints about computer bigotry!
8)

Set your CVSROOT to:

:pserver:<userid>@digitalkingdom.org:/home/cvs

The userids I currently have set up are:

rlpowell
lojbab
phma
jay
xorxes
matvey
rpc

These were culled from the discussion about what servers people wanted.
All passwords are blank; please be polite and login as yourself. If you
want a login, mail me.

The only module currently is 'lojban', until Mr. Curnow tells me how to
mirror the jbofi'e source.

The only file that's ready to be worked on is alice.texinfo, which is a
marked up version of "Alice's Adventures In Wonderland". It's all one
big file now, but if people want me to break it into chapters I can do
that.

I felt that that book met my crieteria for a translation project the
best:

1. English as the original language.
2. Relatively _modern_ English.
3. Light on double entendre.
4. Popular.
5. No copyrights.

Note that the initial checkout will take Some Time, as the 'originals'
directory contains several other documents (all gathered from the
Gutenberg Project, btw) that might make good translation projects, some
of which are quite large.

*NOTE*: The file 'alice.texinfo' includes information at the top on how
to edit it. If anyone finds those directions insufficient, please
inform me.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/