Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: "not only"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 17:41:37 EDT

In a message dated 4/20/2001 3:06:05 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> ko cpacu le sidju be fi le zu'o do jimpe tcidu la lojban .i mi'a di'i
> zgana le fatci ka'i le seldu'o .i lu le glico li'u smuni le glico .enai le
> glipre
> 
> .i mi zdile selcinri le du'u le glico fanva cu casnu da .i ku'i le mi
> 
Thanks for the advice, but I already had that idea, if you mean {fe le 
zu'o...}. If you mean {fi}, I'm not sure how an activity can be the author 
of an idea. Or is the {be} wrong ans this is the source whence I should get 
the idea. It was that, by the way.
{le glico} means the English something, since it goes on to discuss 
something, I assumed it was animate and probably human -- not an unreasonable 
reading, I think (although I knew you meant the sentence, but since you 
regularly do not even bother to read my text carefully, I thought I would 
return the favor by reading yours very carefully indeed. There are several 
versions of Strawman.) I am amused that you are amusingly interested in a 
translation talking, I should have been astonished myself. What, by the bye, 
are both of these translations of (it must be the same thing for the 
differences to be interesting) ? And what is it that each of them discusses? 
They seem to be about the same things, pregnants and women, as I recall.