Subject: Re: [lojban] Mark 1:5-6

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 17:38:10 -0400

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, [email-masked] wrote:
>5 
>le nilxa'u goi ko'a pu klama se tu'i la .io,anes. 

This means that a number went somewhere. Le nilxabju be x2 bei x3 is the
number of beings of kind x2 who live in x3. You want lei xabju, or the like

>le nurma fe la .iudeas. ku .e la .ierucalim.
>.i ko'a pu xugyxu'a le litri

xugyxu'a ki'a? .i zoi ly" xug "ly cu rafsi noda

>.ije ko'a se jirgau la .io,anes. le rirxe me'e la .iordan.

I would say "la .iordan. poi rirxe" - what you said attaches "me'e la .iordan."
to "jirgau". "be me'e" might also be good but would have to be followed by "zo"
instead of "la".

>6
>
>la .io'anes. goi ko'a dasni le kumte sunla

You have ten third-person pronouns. Use as many as you need.

>.e karli fe le xadmidju le skapi

.e le karli be le ...

>.i ko'a citka le sfani jalra

pipyjalra. I wouldn't call anything outside Blattodea jalra, even in a tanru.
In a lujvo, yes. And some cockroaches do fly.

phma