Subject: Re: Three more issues

From: "Adam Raizen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 19:38:52 -0000

la xorxes cusku di'e
> 
> la Avital cusku di'e
> 
> >I don't seem to understand. Why aren't several words cu valsi?
> 
> Could you ask the question in Lojban please?
> Each of several words certainly is valsi:
> {le so'o valsi cu valsi}. A group of words, however,
> is not a word: {lei so'o valsi cu valsi so'omei gi'enai valsi}
> 

Isn't it it an elementary point about lojbanic masses that since a
portion of the mass of "lei so'o valsi" is a valsi, the whole mass is
a valsi. The question is about "(sel)brivla". I don't see why "lei
so'o valsi cu selbrivla" isn't correct (parellel to "lei prenu cu
bevri le pipno", chapter 6, example 3.2), but "le so'o valsi cu
selbrivla" is false because neither "nu" nor "kei" is a "valsi lo
selbri" (though it is a "valsi da").

mu'o mi'e adam