Subject: Re: [lojban] fanvyca'a

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 16:23:43 -0600 (MDT)

On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Rob Speer wrote:

> I propose this lujvo instead:
> selplafanva:se+platu+fanva:plan-translate; compile:$fanva1 $platu2 $=fanva2 $fanva3 $fanva4
> x1 compiles source code x2 from language x3 to language x4

That looks much better. I hope LLG will replace the previous lujvo with
this one.

Getting rid of the used by place is a very good idea. After all, pi'o can
provide it. (Or le selplafanva can be the x2 of a pilno bridi.)

> (Hmm. Can binary code be considered a language?)

Sure, it is, after all, simply a less human-convinent form of assembly.

Does anyone happen to have a pile of technical lujvo they're sitting on?
The terms which are available at the moment are so scant as to be nearly
worthless.

(I started coming up with some, but then I accidently deleted it. :/ )

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Did you poison the coffee?
No more than usual.