Subject: Re: [lojban] fanvyca'a

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 23:52:49 -0400

On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Rob Speer wrote:
>panel: tanbo
> (The Panel is a bar on any side of the screen which might contain menus,
>	program launchers, minimized programs, applets, etc.)
>launcher: cecla

What is the propellant?

>layout: te platu
>desktop: gunsfe
>pager: gunsfeja'o
>	(The Pager is an applet that shows a thumbnail view of various desktops.)
>task (running program): mutmi'i

If you have several copies of one program running, there are several samru'e
but one mutmi'i.

>thumbnail: cmaji'u

also cmaxra, cmabasti

>tooltip: plidju
>shade (collapse a window into its title bar): rinka lenu jarki

I find this use of "shade" confusing and call it "furl".

>pixel: vidnysle
>window manager: canko jitro
>popup: zmiku tolcanci
>
>In addition, text often has to be included in the messages which cannot be
>changed - filenames, names of programs, etc. I've begun to use < and > as
>delimiters - they are both basically the equivalent of .gy. or any other
>delimiter.
>
>Example: "You must supply a URL" -> "ko sabji la'o <url>"

This is a bad example as "URL" is a common noun and should be translated as
some sort of judri, or as "me uburyly" (or "me URL" - most people will
recognize that it's an acronym and read it accordingly). A better example would
be "cron job" - "me la'o <cron> selgu'a".

phma