Subject: Re: [lojban] The Translation Site for Normal Users

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 18:36:14 -0700

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 01:01:40AM +0000, Jorge Llambias wrote:
> I translated a paragraph from alice-01. The problem I see now is that
> unless one person coordinates the whole thing, the translation will be
> horribly hodgepodgy. I suppose it would not be right for me to edit
> what someone else translated or for someone else to edit what I
> translated. 

Ah, important point.

I think that people should _absolutely_ edit other people's work.
Hopefully things will eventually settle on the 'best' translation. So
please, read what other people have done!

However, I do request that when you do so you put a comment (@c at th
beginning of the line marks comments) saying why you made the change.

> Changes are not recorded, right?

YES! They most certainly _are_ recorded, this is the whole point of
using CVS. I can revert to _any_ previous version if people give me a
good reason to do so (i.e. you accidentally checked in a version with
most of the text missing).

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/