Subject: RE: [lojban] Three more issues

From: Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 22:03:50 -0400

At 10:50 PM 04/21/2001 +0100, And Rosta wrote:
> > I think that there is a difference between "nu prenu kei" cu valsi", and
> > "la bitlz cu prenu". The latter would expand to 4 names linked by some 
> form
> > of connective "and" (.e or joi or ce probably). The 3 quoted words are a
> > unit which one cannot assume can be broken down, since order is 
> significant.
>
>Does {la bitlz} mean (a) "each of those x such that I am calling x 'bitlz'",
>or (b) "each member of the group that I am calling 'bitlz'", or (c) "the thing
>I am calling 'bitlz'"? (a) wouldn't work, because I'm not calling Ringo
>'bitlz'. (c) wouldn't work, because I'm calling the group 'bitlz', and
>the group is not a minimal unit of person. (b) would work, but then
>"la bitlz cu girzu" would, undesirably, be false.

la bitlz goi la djan joi la paul joi la djordj joi la ringos cu prenu gi'e 
girzu

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org