Subject: Re: [lojban] GNOME translations

From: Value Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 01:47:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Rob Speer wrote:

> platu means too many different things. I was going for the 'arrangement'
> meaning, but you're right that se platu (selpla) is already used as 'schematic'
> and I even used it to mean 'code'.
>
> So now I don't know what to use.

What's a layout? A gunsfe tcini? Or sinxa morna?

> 'sinxa' would work for 'icon', but thumbnails and icons are different.

We could get metaphoric and try verba pixra for thumb! Undoubtedly this
will arouse the suspicion of Lojban-reading investigators seeking kiddie
porn.

> I suppose I could go with gunsfexra.

This works. Except the jerks can argue that the desktop itself is a sort
of pixra.

> > > > > task (running program): mutmi'i
> > > > > thumbnail: cmaji'u
> > > >
> > > > e'u use the same ending you use for gunsfeja'o?
>
> And that would make this cmaxra.

Probably makes the most sense.

> A menu is a menu no matter which direction it comes out from its source, or
> whether it's attached to a source at all. And it still needs to be selcuxste
> (choice-list instead of choosing-list).

This is true. There was a time when we referred to these as "drop down
menus", but now and especially with gnome, menus pop forth from
everywhere! selcuxste looks good!

------
1.Why are you measuring the measure? The measure is the same. Even after
Great One, the bones will be broken. I am telling you. Relic should believe me.
2.Where after religion you believe in religion and wish that to Ora.
Emptiness is that what Baby God's Eye is fighting for.