Subject: RE: [lojban] la lojban la and bangu

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:40:56 +0100

Jorge:
#la and cusku di'e
#
#>Is ba'u also a rafsi for bangu? If so then I did mean
#>jboba'u; otherwise I meant jbobau.
#
#ba'u is a rafsi for bacru, "utters".
#
#Why would {lojbo zei bangu} mean "x1 speaks Lojban"?
#Unless you meant {se jbobau}, which is what I first
#thought.

I hope I'm not wasting your time by (as is likely) misremembering
the place structure of "bangu". I'm thinking it is "x1 is a
language spoken by x2". The idea then is that the x2 = lojbo
and is incorporated into the lujvo, leaving you with just the
one argument, for the speaker. "(za'i) jbobau" would then mean
"is a lojban speaker", while "zu'o jbobau" would mean "is
dynamically a lojban speaker".

--And.