Subject: RE: [lojban] la lojban la and bangu

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:01:54

la and cusku di'e

>I hope I'm not wasting your time by (as is likely) misremembering
>the place structure of "bangu".

Not at all.

>I'm thinking it is "x1 is a
>language spoken by x2".

Yes.

>The idea then is that the x2 = lojbo
>and is incorporated into the lujvo, leaving you with just the
>one argument, for the speaker.

So jbobau = bangu be loi lojbo, "x1 is the language of
lojbanists", "x1 is Lojban". Just as glibau means "x1 is English".

>"(za'i) jbobau" would then mean
>"is a lojban speaker", while "zu'o jbobau" would mean "is
>dynamically a lojban speaker".

"is a lojban language", not a lojban speaker.

co'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.