Subject: Re: [lojban] Usage of logical connectives?

From: Value Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:29:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Jorge Llambias wrote:

>
> la robyspir cusku di'e
>
> > > >{ko nicygau ledo kumfa .ijo mi ba curmi lenu do klama > >le panka}
> >
> >The child can make the 'ko' part of it true, and then by the parent's
> >statement
> >he/she will let the child go to the park.
>
> Yes, but the child also has the option of making the first part
> false: "Ok, I will stay and watch TV". In fact, the child cannot
> make the whole statement true, it is up to the parent to make
> it true, because the parent's part happens later. So it is a
> command that the child can't really fulfill.

.i li'a sruma le du'u le verba ca'a djica tu'a le panka .iseni'ibo vy.
pu'onai cusku lu .ie mi stali gi'e viska le veltivni li'u .i mo'u le pu'u
vy. nicygau le kumfa kei le kamlogji cu bapli le nu le rirni cu curmi tu'a
le panka

> >As I pointed out, the parent could avoid this consequence of the
> >statement by using .ijanai, but the child should realize that .ijo is more
> >fair.
>
> It is not a matter of fairness or unfairness. It is a matter
> of which part is meant to be the cause and which the effect.
> Using {ijanai} does not change that.

.i ru'axu do selfanza le za'i di'u claxu le ka porsi le temci .i pe'i lu
remei po'o li'u banzu le nu cusku

.i ru'a go lu ganai li'u smuni da poi fadni le ka glico gi jimpe le du'u
djica de

------
1.Why are you measuring the measure? The measure is the same. Even after
Great One, the bones will be broken. I am telling you. Relic should believe me.
2.Where after religion you believe in religion and wish that to Ora.
Emptiness is that what Baby God's Eye is fighting for.