Subject: Re: [lojban] Chemistry

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:40:14 -0400

At 06:42 PM 04/26/2001 -0400, Value Yourself wrote:
>It's possible that Mathematics is not the only field that deserves its
>own sub-branch of Lojban. This could be another case.
>
>This could be implemented in the heretical manner of using a special cmavo
>to turn Chemistry mode on and off.

I think you have it exactly right: chemical names are best expressed using 
Mex, and Mex almost certainly is robust enough to handle it. You need to 
define operators for the various forms of chemical interaction (we'll let 
the chemists do that - there are plenty of ways to make operators). A 
chemical formula is nothing more than a mathematical expression.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org