Subject: Re: [lojban] Chemistry

From: Value Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 16:06:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Pierre Abbat wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:
> >I think you have it exactly right: chemical names are best expressed using
> >Mex, and Mex almost certainly is robust enough to handle it. You need to
> >define operators for the various forms of chemical interaction (we'll let
> >the chemists do that - there are plenty of ways to make operators). A
> >chemical formula is nothing more than a mathematical expression.
>
> Using mex sounds good. I think that we'll need to start using some cmavo beyond
> CV and CVV for this, as cmavo space is pretty full, and most of the chemistry
> operators are different from mathematical ones.

How about a chemical cmavo prefix (xui')? that prefixes all your
chemical-specific cmavo?

> The atoms of mathematical expressions are numbers; those of chemical
> expressions are atoms, as well as numbers. Elements have names which are
> brivla; they also have symbols, which are one or two letters. Then there are
> chemical groups, such as CHO and NH2 and CN, which have their own names. Any
> idea how to encode all this in mex?

Not really.

------
1.Why are you measuring the measure? The measure is the same. Even after
Great One, the bones will be broken. I am telling you. Relic should believe me.
2.Where after religion you believe in religion and wish that to Ora.
Emptiness is that what Baby God's Eye is fighting for.