Subject: Re: [lojban] Chemistry

From: Value Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 00:54:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Pierre Abbat wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Value Yourself wrote:
> >How about a chemical cmavo prefix (xui')? that prefixes all your
> >chemical-specific cmavo?
>
> Too narrow a slice of cmavo space. The right length for these seems to be CVV'V
> or CV'VV, and there are only five possible xui'V cmavo.
>
> Actually, on checking with vlatai, there are no such cmavo. The refgram
> confirms this: VV in a cmavo is ai, ei, oi, or au, or a pair with an
> apostrophe. ui occurs only in ui itself and in cmene.

A simple cmavo thus has the property of having only one or two vowels, or
of having a single consonant followed by one or two vowels. Words
consisting of three or more vowels in a row, or a
single consonant followed by three or more vowels, are also of cmavo form,
but are reserved for experimental use: a few examples are ``ku'a'e'',
``sau'e'', and ``bai'ai''. All CVV cmavo beginning
with the letter ``x'' are also reserved for experimental use.

------
1.Why are you measuring the measure? The measure is the same. Even after
Great One, the bones will be broken. I am telling you. Relic should believe me.
2.Where after religion you believe in religion and wish that to Ora.
Emptiness is that what Baby God's Eye is fighting for.