Subject: Re: [lojban] Predicate logic and childhood.

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:00:28 -0700

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 03:53:18PM -0400, Rob Speer wrote:
> Okay, I should have looked a little harder. Your C does have a 'ko' in it. 

Correct. Note that either ko binding stops at the .ijo, or jbofi'e has
a bug in it.

> So this raises these questions:
> 
> - Would the sentence still work if it had 'do' instead of 'ko'?

Not IMO, because then C becomes:

You have now/are now cleaned/cleaning your room.

It seems unlikely that the parent would need an enticement for something
that has already occured.

> - If there is a 'ko' in C, is it asking the child to make C true or to make
> .ijo true?

C.

I have _no_ idea where people are getting this idea that ko carries
across a logical connective between sentences, but the grammar doesn't
seem to bear this out.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/