Subject: lujvo place structures

From: Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 17:15:46 -0400

Based on something Richard Curnow just sent me, I wanted to identify a 
possibly useful piece of software that someone could write to aid in 
lujvo-place structure determination. Such a program would take the tanru 
for any lujvo and generate the place structure that lujvo would have if no 
places were combined or deleted, using the standard codes and conventions 
for labelling the places. Each place would be tagged with the oblique.key 
keyword (or Curnow's equivalent keyword) defining the meaning of that place 
relative to its source gismu.

Given such an output, it seems that lujvo place structures could then be 
created by a simple editing task, deleting unnecessary places and combining 
others, with people not needing to look anything up, because all the 
necessary information is already there on the line. It also makes it more 
likely that the place structures will end up in a consistent format even 
when multiple people are working on them, a major concern when we talk 
about setting up a web site where anyone can edit a place structure.

I would rather have such a web site start with such a definition in 
consistent format which can be edited down, rather than start with nothing 
and having people have to enter a place structure from scratch in their 
best guess of the proper format. The format should probably be that of the 
existing entries in noralujv.txt, or something very similar.

Volunteers welcome, and should work with Jay K, assuming that he is setting 
up the lujvo-making web pages.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org