Subject: Re: [lojban] lujvo place structures

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:53:33 -0400

At 09:51 PM 04/30/2001 +0000, michael helsem wrote:
> >From: Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group <[email-masked]>
> li'o
> >Such a program would take the tanru
> >for any lujvo and generate the place structure that lujvo would have if no
> >places were combined or deleted, using the standard codes and conventions
> >for labelling the places.
>
>except that wouldn't someone still have to decide from the
>semantic content, whether the JE-lujvo or the BE-lujvo
>conventions should be followed?

Certainly. But the time-consuming lookup would be eliminated, and the 
typing in standard format made fairly rigorous (and a really sophisticated 
tool of the kind I am NOT asking for, would allow people to click on places 
to delete or combine them or reorder them according to the relevant rules - 
that might be a good LONG-TERM project that might involve significant 
playing around to find the ideal interface, but I don't want work held up 
waiting for people to concoct the ideal user interface - what I suggested 
eliminates time-consuming typing and lookup and encourages a standard format).

If there is more than one standard order for places, we obviously have to 
choose one or the other order as a default for listing all the places, 
presumably the more common one. Someone can look at the lujvo already 
defined to see what is the most common order.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org