Subject: Re: Change

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 23:32:26 -0000

la pier cusku di'e

> i ku'i ci purdykurji cu cintypunji ry ja'e le nu xunre
> 
> I thought it should be:
> 
> i ku'i ci purdykurji cu cintygalfi ry lo xunre

I guess it depends on whether you see painting as a transformation
process or just as a process of putting paint onto something.

> but the problem is that "galfi" is missing a place. The concept I 
want a word
> for is "x1 changes x2 from x3 to x4". How can that be said in 
Lojban?

{galfi} is also missing a place for the paint. {cintypunji} is
a straightforward lujvo: punji be le cinta. {cintygalfi} would be
more complex: galfi be sepi'o le cinta.

"x1 changes x2 to x3 from x4" would follow a more standard
Lojbanic order. 

Perhaps one could say something like:

lei purdykurji cu muvgau lei rozgu le ka xunre kei 
le ka blabi kei le nu cintypunji

({kairmuvgau} if {muvgau} by itself is too shocking.)

co'o mi'e xorxes