Subject: Re: [lojban] mi cnino cmima

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 22:56:56

la greg cusku di'e

>Coi le tavla be fo la lojban. .i la greg. cmene mi .i xabju la suis. .i
>nanla paze.
>
>And that's about as far as I'll go in lojban this time (was most of it
>right?).

i piso'a di'u cu drani i ku'i _zo_ greg cmene do i nanla _li_ paze

>le dinju co se zbasu la djak.

That's two separate sumti, {le dinju co se zbasu} and {la djak}.

>le dinju co se zbasu be la djak.

That one works.

>le zbasu be la djak dinju

le se zbasu be la djak dinju

>le dinju poi la djak. zbasu (is there confusion that the house may have
>built jack here?)

No, not that confusion, Jack is in the x1 of zbasu. Maybe that
the house was the material out of which Jack built something
else.

>le dinju poi la djak. ke'a zbasu

Right.

>at least two of these must mean "The house that jack built" (as a title
>for the story). Of those that are right, which is the most appropriate?

I'd go with {le dinju poi la djak zbasu}, but the others also work.

>ti zbasu be la djak. dinju

ti se zbasu be la djak dinju

>le ti dinju poi la jack. zbasu

Not exactly what you want. It is just a sumti, and {ti} may refer
to something other than the building, for example a person near you.
It would mean something like "her house built by Jack".

>ti dinju co se zbasu be la djak.

Yes, that seems to be the best one. It really means "this is _a_ house
built by Jack", but that may be enough for your purposes.

>Again I'm confused ; what I'm trying to say is: "this is the house that
>jack built."

You can also say: {ti me le dinju poi la djak zbasu} or
{ti du le dinju poi la djak zbasu}.

co'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.