Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: decline of the english language

From: Björn Gohla <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 17:40:56 +0200

On Sunday 20 May 2001 14:56, A.W.T. wrote:
> --- In lojban@y..., "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <lojbab@l...> wrote:
> > At 11:56 PM 05/19/2001 +0200, =?utf-8?q?Bj=C3=B6rn=20Gohla?= wrote:

it is one thing to borrow words from other languages to describe new ideas, 
that would be cumbersome to describe natively. but i am against mindlessly 
unsing foreign words, just to sound "cool".

my main concern in the original posting of the thread, was about the 
deaglizisation, which my experience does not support, thus i would like to 
read more on that, especially from non native english speakers.

- -- 
- --------------------
HARDFAIL("Not enough magic.");
2.4.0-test2 /usr/src/linux/drivers/block/nbd.c
pub 1024D/834F4976 2001-01-07 Björn Gohla (Wissenschaftler, Weltbürger) 
<[email-masked]>
Key fingerprint = 9FF4 FEDA CCDF DA0E 14D5 8129 6C14 3C39 834F 4976
sub 1024g/29571FE2 2001-01-07