Subject: Re: djan. melbi vecnu

From: "Adam Raizen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 23:53:43 -0000

la pycyn cusku di'e

> > . For instance of the last, "la
> > niu.IORK zo'u mi klama" can mean "As to New York, I went there" 
or "As to 
> > New
> > York, I came from there".
> > 
> I suppose it is grammatical, but it is bad form: preneces should 
have 
> follow-up: {ny} or {fi ny} in the brivla proper (cf. earlier rants 
about 
> missing sumti)

It would have been nice to have a pro-sumti which refers to whatever 
is in the prenex in a case like this. I think I'll try using "ce'u", 
since it kind of focuses the main bridi with regard to the prenex, 
though it probably would have been better to just have a different 
word.

mu'o mi'e adam