Subject: Lessons

From: Nick NICHOLAS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:35:19 -0700 (PDT)

The lessons are near the end; I currently intend to write only one more
lesson, addressing (if only briefly) the nasty issues I know we'd rather
not get into, but which you can't help coming up against in usage: sets,
sumti-raising (tu'a *and* jai, but not jai + BAI), indirect questions, lambda
variables (but *only* with regard to ka...)

I'd rather 15 than 14 lessons, particularly since that will allow the saga
of the final translation exercise passages to play out; so again, if you
think there's something I've missed in the lesson material, do let me know in
the next couple of days. My current thinking, btw, is that forethought
connectives are not worth mentioning in an introductory course, as they
are too infrequently used.

-- 
Momenton senpretende paseman mi retenis kaj # NICK NICHOLAS.
kultis kvazaux # TLG, UCI, USA.
senhorlogxan elizeon # www.opoudjis.net
(Dume: # [email-masked]
[Victor Sadler, _Memkritiko_ 90] #