Subject: Re: Lessons

From: Nick Nicholas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 02:31:25 -0700

> Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 03:01:17
> From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: Lessons

>Only don't call them lambda variables, please... :)

God no! (Well, maybe in a note, of the type "if you're ever doing third
year computer science...") I'm thinking "underline this space" instead.

>I'll try to read them this weekend. How can I get them using CVS?
>I know how to update the files I already have, but I couldn't
>figure out how to get new files.

cvs checkout should get current versions of all files, updated or not.

>>My current thinking, btw, is that forethought
>>connectives are not worth mentioning in an introductory course, as they
>>are too infrequently used.
>Hmmm... My impression is that {ge} is far more frequent than {jai},
>for example, but I can't prove it.

So also pycyn. OK, I think you've talked me into it; *I* don't like them,
but at least there's only "ge" to really bother with... This will take it
to 15 after all.

Not happy with the last few lessons; then again, it doesn't seem like I'm
happy with much of anything, lately... :-1/2

Nick Nicholas, TLG, UCI, USA. [email-masked] www.opoudjis.net
"Most Byzantine historians felt they knew enough to use the optatives
correctly; some of them were right." --- Harry Turtledove.