Subject: Re: META: Multiple postings complaint

From: "Evgueni Sklyanin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 13:55:17 -0000

--- In lojban@y..., Invent Yourself <xod@s...> wrote:
> It is bad enough that many of you, when responding to a post from
> listmember X, send your response to both the list AND listmember X. 
Now
> this has degenerated to the point of sending one copy to listmember 
X, one
> copy to the list aliased as "lojban@onelist", and another copy to 
the list
> aliased as "lojban@yahoogroups". Does anybody need 3 copies of a 
message?
> I know I don't need two. Please, spend the extra 2 seconds of labor 
and
> just check where your message is going (and how many times!). With
> the way this Lojban list is set up, you cannot blindly hit reply
> without changing the headers actively. You get rediculous results if
> you do. Thank you!
> 
I can not but agree. I prefer to get the mailing list messages in
the digest form. On the other hand, I like to use the 
onelist/yahoogroups numbering system for referencing the messages. So,
I have written a Perl script which enumerates automatically the 
messages in the digests. However, the multiple messages, while getting
through into the digests, are somehow filtered out in the 
yahoo-groups web page which leads to a mismatch of numbers.
As a result, I have to clean up the files and
renumber the messages manually {.uinai .o'onai .o'unaicai}

I would be enormously grateful if you were more careful when
sending the messages.

co'o mi'e .evgenis.