Subject: Re: [lojban] No number base?!?

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 00:58:17

la camgusmis cusku di'e

> > >"Why do you prefer base-16?"
> >
> > i mu'a lu ma krinu le nu do zmanei le me li vai ke namcu selyle'u li'u
>
>That doesn't parse.

That's not polite, you should say: "That doesn't parse because
such or such a terminator is missing." I don't really understand
why it doesn't parse. Does {me li vai} need to be closed? Oh, I see,
it must be because that {ke} could be absorbed into some weird MEX stuff. 
Ok, but instead of using a terminator there change {ke namcu
selyle'u} to {namcu bo selyle'u}. Hopefully that should do it.

>Even if it did, I wouldn't have even the most basic clue as to what the
>hell you were talking about.

About a {selyle'u}, a system of symbols.

>It sounds like you're asking 'Why do you like the letters associated
>with hexadecimal numbering?' which is a completely different question.

The letters/digits would be {le lerfu}.

You could also use {le te saclu}, if you can figure out what that
predicate means. Maybe we could redefine it as "x1 is the symbol
of number x2 in base x3", or maybe it already means that.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.