Subject: Re: [lojban] No number base?!?

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 21:58:51 -0400

At 09:04 PM 05/29/2001 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>Robin Lee Powell scripsit:
> > Why is there no sumti for number base in namcu?

It is a Mex operator, ju'u

> > In fact, I can find no way to ask the question:
> >
> > "Why do you prefer base-16?"

You need liveino'o ju'u paxa

>You need a selbri for "base", something like digit-string x1 represents
>number x2 in base x3. The mechanism for expressing numbers
>in random bases won't help.

nu'a ju'u gives you numerical base as a selbri; I don't think there are 
rules for the place structures of such selbri

lojbab

--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org