Subject: RE: [lojban] Not a troll, just a silly post [Was Re: Enemy & Re: No number base]

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 19:03:50 -0400

charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I'd do the bomb one as the equivalent of 'somebody installed us on the
bomb,' with a cmavo missing, and it's the same as the psuedo-english. As for
AYBABTU, try 'all your base (singular) (random extra cmavo) belong (plural)
to me (plural).' I'm not sure, but I thought there was an optional
pluralizing cmavo...
-----Original Message-----
From: sentto-44114-7402-991260114-ragnarok=[email-masked]
[mailto:sentto-44114-7402-991260114-ragnarok=[email-masked]]O
n Behalf Of Robin Lee Powell
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 6:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [lojban] Not a troll, just a silly post [Was Re: Enemy & Re:
No number base]

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 03:58:54PM -0600, Jay Kominek wrote:
> <imo>The two phrases are broken English. You cannot convey the same
> meaning in grammatical Lojban, because the nongrammaticity of the
English
> is the whole point. I mean, you are laughing at the poor
Japanese->English
> translator who produced the sentence, right? (I don't see anything else
> funny about the sentences.)</imo>

True. Very true.

But you could recreat them with _un_gramattical lojban. 8)

Hey, Jay, how's the dictionary coming?

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

To unsubscribe, send mail to [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.