Subject: Re: RE:[lojban] Request for grammar clarifications

From: "Adam Raizen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 21:16:43 -0000

la pycyn cusku di'e

> > ro cevni du la .alax." = "Every god is identical with Allah".
> > 
> > But does this really capture the sense of "la ilahi il'allah" 
(which I 
> > assume 
> > it is a translation of)? 
> > 
> 
> Well, the formula looks to be negative ("la"), and the usual trat 
is "There 
> is no God but Allah" so it might literally be {no da poi na du 
la .allax. cu 
> cevni}, which, unfortunately, allows for atheism, so it is not 
right either 
> -- for so does the cowan's version. As I was saying about 
quantifiers, ...

There's also the logically abominable :-) version: "no da e la alex 
ji'anai cevni".

mu'o mi'e adam