Subject: RE: [lojban] Re: the muezzin's cry

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 17:38:25 -0400

charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Actually, that's not just for this. It's because it's really hard to
translate arabic. Every english Quran I've seen says it captures only the
roughest meaning of the word of allah - not the actual sacred writing. Of
course it only captures a rough meaning, not for religious reasons but
because that's all a translation of ANYTHING to ANY LANGUAGE does.
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 1:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [lojban] Re: the muezzin's cry

this seems to work (maybe this is behind the insistence that only Arabic
be
used)
roda cevni gi'o du la .ala'ax
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

To unsubscribe, send mail to [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.