Subject: Re: [lojban] ALL YOUR BASE

From: "LYlun.martins." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 18:36:31 -0300

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 07:13:39PM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 02:02:24AM +0000, michael helsem wrote:
> > ro le do jicmu du le se ponse be mi'a
> 
> Trust it to michael to come up with a version that is completely
> ridiculous but still parses. 8)

That's a merit, I suppose, but the "original" doesn't really
"parse". Like, "are belong" isn't valid English, is it?

If I understood the game correctly, the intent of the phrase
was "your whole base is under our control", although the most
common interpretation is "all of your bases are under our
control"

Oh. By Thoth, I can't believe I'm discussing this.

[]s,
|alo
+----
--
I say a prayer now our love's departed
That you'll come back to stay
Bring back the perfect day

http://www.laranja.org/ mailto:[email-masked]
pgp key: http://www.laranja.org/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG) --- http://www.BroDar.org/