Subject: ractu canmi'a

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 21:50:20

la rab spir cusku di'e

>Well, kind of. "Rabbit Sand-Laugher" doesn't even sound like a plausible 
>name.
>The inserted consonant could be changed to s where you would get
>{ractu casmi'a} -> "Rabbit Ridiculing-Laugher".

How about {cafmi'a}, "Often-Laugher"? I picked {canre} to keep
to the seaside theme, but I guess it wasn't the best choice.
In any case, this is only a first draft, I much appreciate all
suggestions for improvement!

>Or does this cause confusion because "Ridiculing-Laugher" would be said in
>English as "Mock" while another sense of that same word was just previously
>translated to Lojban as {jitfa}? Oi, I see a horrible inter-language pun 
>coming
>on...

I picked {jitfa} because a Mock Turtle "is what Mock Turtle Soup
is made from".

co'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.