Subject: Re: [lojban] multiple choice questions

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:05:42

la ritcrd cusku di'e

>"Would you rather have beer or wine with your meal?"

i do zmanei le nu lo birje ji lo vanju cu kansa le do sanmi

>"Is the doctor or the lawyer more likely to perform surgery this week?"

i le mikce ji le flacre jai lakne fai le nu xadyka'a ca le cabjeftu

>In the tutorials all of the questions are fill-in-the-blank. I haven't 
>seen a construction that allows you to give options.

{ji} is the connective fill-in-the-blank.
>
>Any thoughts? Is one allowed to attach a (poi) clause to the (ma) 
>placeholder?

Yes, ma is like any other sumti in that respect. But I'm not sure
that would work. What would you put in the {poi} clause?

> That could work, I think... Or maybe I should make the choices 
>parenthetical (to..toi)?

Or better yet, put them in the prenex:

i lo birje lo vanju zo'u do zmanei le nu ma kansa le do sanmi

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.