Subject: Re: [lojban] RE: Rabbity Sand-Laugher

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 11:01:27 -0700

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 03:01:46PM -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
> If I, a Dodo clone (logician, college teacher, game maker, punster,
> Anglican deacon trainee, admirer of the mysteries that are little
> girls, photographer, and on and on), have refrained from translating
> any of Alice for 25 years because of my awareness of the total
> inappropriateness of doing so, whence -- ignorance aside -- come the
> chutzpah of people with none or few of these qualities and only a
> passing understanding of either Alice and its world or Lojban to take
> on this task. 

.o'onaisai

The reason this occured is because when I asked for suggestions of books
to translate that were originally in English, NO ONE GAVE ANY!

You were given your chance to speak. You didn't. And _now_ you come
back and bitch at those of us who went ahead an actually did some work
on getting some real lojban translation done?!

I agree that Alice isn't a good choice. If I had thought of Oz first I
would have done it. But you didn't speak up when it was appropriate,
and I'm more than a little annoyed at your armchair-generalship now.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/