Subject: Re: [lojban] New words

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 22:43:18

la pier cusku di'e

>When you translate something in CVS, would you please add your new words to 
>the
>NEW_WORDS file?

I'll try. Shouldn't we use some standard format, so that the trouble
is not in vain? Is every lujvo considered a new word? I don't use
any lujvo list when I'm translating, mainly because I don't know
where to find an easily accessible one on-line, is there one?

>The words in alice-10 for salmon and whiting are xunlabyfi'e and labyfi'e.
>These may be good for Alice, but I wouldn't use them in talking about
>specific fishes. I would call them salmone and merlanu.

I wouldn't have come up with those, but you're the expert on animal
and plant names. What do you propose for soles and eels?

>Labyfi'e is whitefish,
>which could be any of several kinds, including the whiting (a gadoid), the
>beluga sturgeon, the beluga whale, and a salmonoid called Coregonus.

It's all just fish to me... :) Do you have a compilation of animal
names somewhere?

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.